A large portion of Coquitlam West is currently undergoing major redevelopment. The City's official community plan has rezoned much of the area West of Dogwood St to High Density housing which is in large part due to the new Evergreen Line that is scheduled for completion by the summer of 2016. Coquitlam West real estate could very well be the Lower Mainland's next real estate hot-spot. There are also major redevelopment plans coming up for the areas around Lougheed Mall over the next 20 years.
Number of Homes: 5582 which includes all houses, townhouses and condos.
Age of Area: The older homes to the South date back to the early 1920's. The average age currently is around the mid 1960's.
Active New Construction: Yes the majority of new construction is multifamily including highrise, lowrise and townhouse developments. Developers include Bosa (Uptown - highrise), Mosaic (Foster and Emerson - both lowrise), Urban Current (Como - lowrise), Marcon (Regan's Walk), Springbank (Evergreen - townhouses), Langside (Bloom - townhouses), Allaire (Easton - lowrise).
Predominant Home Style: A wide variety of single family home styles exist including bungalows, two storeys, multi level splits and basement entries. The number of multifamily condo and townhouse developments are increasing rapidly.
Approximate Size of Houses: Detached homes range anywhere from a 1000sqft 1950's rancher, all the way up to a 6000sqft new 2 Storey with basement. The average home size is approximately 2600sqft.
Approximate Lot Sizes:+/- 8600sqft
- Shopping: Lougheed Town Centre is Burnaby's second largest shopping mall with 160 stores and services. In addition there is Burquitlam plaza and North Gate Mall.
- Groceries: PriceSmart Foods, Safeway, Kin's Farm Market
- Dining: Tim Hortons, Starbucks, Thai Garden Restaurant, Joey's Coquitlam, Red Robin
- Transit: Lougheed Station, Burquitlam Station
- Fitness: Vancouver Golf Club, Burquitlam Park, Simon Fraser Hills Park, Burnaby Mountain Trails, GoodLife Fitness, Maple Grove Park, East Grove Park, Cottonwood Park, Mountain View Park
- Elementary: Miller Park Community School & Glenayre Elementary (French Immersion)
- Middle: Ecole Banting Middle School (French Immersion)
- Secondary: Port Moody Secondary & Dr. Charles Best (French Immersion)
- Simon Fraser University
More information on School District 43.
To locate a school for a particular address click here.
Location of Coquitlam West
Sales Data (last 30 days)
Recent Sales: Condos & Townhomes=12; Houses=3
Average Sales Price: Condos & Townhomes=$397,000; Houses=$726,000
Average Days on Market: Condos & Townhomes=28 Days; Houses=58 Days
Number of Homes on the Market Today: Condos & Townhomes=110; Houses=58
For the latest real estate market information in Coquitlam West call David Reimers at 604.939.6666
This Coquitlam West real estate report was prepared by David Reimers on Feb 19th, 2014.