Overall Impression of the Area: High-rise apartments form the majority of the housing stock in the area. There are a number of new high-rise developments currently under construction. Excellent amenities for residents with a wide selection of shopping, commercial, recreational, school and transit options. A great area for first time buyers, investors or those re-sizing.
Number of homes: 5763
Age of area: Development started in the 1970's however over 80% of construction occurred after 1990.
Active new construction: Yes
Developments currently under construction:
- MThree by Cressey Development Group
- 1123 Westwood by ONNI
- Evergreen by Bosa Properties
- Grand Central by Intergulf
Predominant Home Style: High and low rise apartments.
Approximate Size of Homes: The average apartment is around 950sqft (this would typically be the size of a two bedroom condo.) Homes range in size from a 500sqft one bedroom condo, to a three bedroom apartment or townhome.
General Area Information: Major residential, service and commercial projects continue to be attracted to Town Centre. The pedestrian-oriented High Street links the busy Coquitlam Centre Mall with mixed-use commercial and residential developments on the way to the City Hall, Justice Building and Library complex. The Town Centre also features educational, cultural and recreational facilities. The David Lam campus of Douglas College and Pinetree Secondary School are located here, along with the Evergreen Cultural Centre. The City Centre Aquatic Complex, Town Centre Park and Pinetree Community Centre offer a wide variety of activities for participants of all ages. Coquitlam’s Regional Town Centre will be linked by rapid transit to New Westminster, Surrey, Burnaby and Vancouver. Several stations are planned for the Town Centre, including a station near City Hall and another by the West Coast Express Station.
Recreational Opportunities Available:
- Town Centre Park at 1299 Pinetree Way includes running track; ballﬁelds; ﬁshing; skateboard area; sportsﬁelds; tennis; trails and walkways; picnic; roller hockey; multi-purpose court; BMX track; washrooms; waterspray park.
- City Centre Aquatic Complex (CCAC) at 1210 Pinetree Way includes Olympic-length swimming pool; wave lagoon; waterslide; tots’ bubble pool; swirlpool; steam room; dry sauna.
- Hoy Creek Linear Park located north of Guildford Way near Paciﬁc Street includes ﬁsh rearing pond; trails; walkways.
- Evergreen Cultural Centre at 1205 Pinetree Way features an art gallery and a 264 seat theature.
- City Centre Library at 3001 Burlington Drive.
- Coquitlam Centre shopping.
- Elementary: Glen Elementary
- Secondary: Pinetree Secondary
- Post Secondary: Douglas College
Current real estate sales data:
- Average sale price: $302,000
- Average days on the market before selling: 63
- Number of sales in the last 6 months: 96
- Number of homes currently on the market: 177