Preparing To Sell?
- Know your home's value. Please contact us for a complimentary market evaluation of your home.
- Select a REALTOR®. Look for a REALTOR® who makes you feel comfortable, returns your calls promptly and answers your questions readily.
- Do a pre-sale walk-through with your REALTOR® for suggestions about how to prepare your home for sale.
- Keep all of your paperwork in one place. That includes your listing contract, loan documents, inspection reports and disclosures. Documentation to assist with the sale of your home could include property tax receipts, mortgage verification, deed or title search, recent home improvement costs, annual utility costs and all strata documents including two years of minutes, the bylaws and any available engineers reports.
- Keep it clean.
- Freshen a prominent room's decor with a coat of paint or new floor covering if the room shows signs of wear.
- Make necessary repairs. Make sure outlets work, toilets flush and windows and doors open and shut smoothly. All heating equipment and appliances should work.
Don't go to the expense of:
- Installing shelves or closet organizers.
- Painting and carpeting the entire house.
- Making major improvements.
- Putting in a new driveway or sidewalk, unless they will significantly improve your home's marketability. Your REALTOR® will advise you.